Jennifer McKinnish Burton — East and Middle Tennessee Family Law Attorney
Jennifer McKinnish Burton focuses her practice on family law—particularly in the areas of complex divorce litigation, juvenile matters, and adoptions. She loves kids, and has devoted herself to family law to help families resolve complicated problems by protecting their children’s best interest.
Jennifer is a tough yet caring attorney who provides skillful and aggressive legal representation. Her success as a litigator began in law school when she received an award for the Best Oral Advocate in 2003. Her practice is built on those same skills that have been honed and refined throughout numerous trials in Tennessee courtrooms.
She began her legal career clerking with The Bosch Law Firm, P.C. where she focused on complex criminal defense litigation—including death penalty defense. In 2005, she began private practice with Rice, Amundsen & Rogers, P.L.L.C. focusing on domestic relations issues.
She is a founding partner of Burton & McKinnish, PLLC. Jennifer has been formally recognized as a rising star in the area of family law by Super Lawyer in 2013 2014.
Admitted to Practice
- Tennessee State Bar, 2005
- United States Federal Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Juris Doctor, University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Knoxville Bar Association