If you are unable to work due to a disability, we will fight to get the disability benefits you are entitled to receive.
Family Law / Divorce
Our legal counsel is continuously supportive of your changing legal needs, and we are open to finding the right scenario for your separation.
No other Sevierville criminal defense offers an attorney with both practical and intellectual experience.
Accidents happen. Someone is responsible. Call us before you talk with the Insurance.
All people are equal before the law. A good attorney is what makes a difference.
Experienced and Aggressive Lawyers with proven plan for success
Burton McKinnish, PLLC prides itself on being your family’s resource when in need of an attorney. Our corporate office is located in Maryville, Tennessee so that we can easily serve the greater Knoxville area and we provide services throughout East Tennessee from as far north as Bristol to as far southwest as Chattanooga. Our firm offers legal representation both for civil cases as well as criminal defense. If you or someone you love need an attorney, feel free to schedule a free consultation with any one of our experienced attorneys.
We are not a large mill firm where you will never meet with an attorney until the day of your hearing. You will begin your case with a personal consultation with an attorney and then throughout the process your case will be handled together with an attorney and a paralegal to ensure that your case is not just another file number but that your case is as personal to us as it is to you. We serve Social Security Disability clients throughout East Tennessee, Western North Carolina and Southeast Kentucky.
Divorce and child custody issues are emotionally painful and the impact of a divorce case goes beyond the finalization of the divorce. We pride ourselves on being zealous and competent as we assist you throughout the dissolution of your marriage as well as how to move forward when it comes to parenting your children after you are no longer living under one roof.
Our firm handles criminal defense throughout East Tennessee. The greater Knoxville area is crowded with attorneys advertising for DUI defense. However, our criminal defense attorneys offer experience second to none having clerked with seasoned DUI attorneys prior to entering private practice and developing relationships with law enforcement and prosecutors to stay ahead of the curve with the ever-changing area of DUI defense.
We defend criminal matters on the state and federal level and are careful to prepare a meticulously planned defense for each individual client and the crime he or she is charged with. In additional to criminal defense once charged, we also offer pre-charge services for clients who anticipate being charged with a crime in the East Tennessee area.
- DUI / Drunk Driving
- Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Homicide & Manslaughter
- Aggravated Assault
- Drug Crimes
Choose an outstanding lawyer
How do you chose an attorney when faced with social security disability, worker’s compensation, personal injury, divorce and child custody, adoption or criminal defense. We encourage our clients to meet with at least Two (2) other attorneys when deciding on an attorney. We are confident that the attorneys who comprise our firm will leave you with no decision but to hire Burton McKinnish, PLLC to work for you. All legal cases have one common method for success – planning and implementing a legal strategy that works to solve your present legal hurdles while evaluating your future needs and goals.
We believe in doing things right the first time. Our firm provides thorough and detailed representation in each one of our practice areas. We also pride ourselves in being honest and transparent regarding the positives and negatives of each individual case.
Available & Accommodating Attorneys
Our firm realizes that legal problems typically arise when you least expect them, so we have made it a part of our business model to be available to clients when they need us most:
- Call us anytime—we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Night, evening, and weekend appointments available
- Consultations available in multiple locations across East Tennessee (and for social security disability we also offer in-person consultations in Western North Carolina and Southeastern Kentucky).
Recent Blog Posts
- 24JunA new child support worksheet became effective in Tennessee on May 10, 2020. The new child support worksheet is long overdue as this is the first substantial revision in nearly Fifteen (15) years which is...4MaySocial Security Disability is a special area of practice. Attorneys who are well-versed in Social Security Disability law often have a large volume of social security disability clients. While a large-volume, specialized practice can be...
- 27AprOur East Tennessee family, we are so grateful for each and every one of you. Our client base has been so accommodating – mediating by zoom, conference calls where our youngest Burton McKinnish, PLLC team...6AprThe Covid-19 pandemic has led to schools and businesses shutting down. In East Tennessee, our governor issued Executive Order 24 last week which orders Tennesseans to stay in place except for essential activities. While some...
- 24MarEast Tennessee Social Security Disability attorneys and their respective clients are facing times of uncertainty. Prior to the end of February 2020, the biggest developments out of the Social Security Administration seemed to be the...16MarBurton McKinnish, PLLC is working hand-in-hand with our local health officials to monitor the Covid-19 Pandemic. It is difficult this as an attorney, business owner, mother and daughter to make fact-based decisions that impact so...
- 13MarThe Supreme Court of Tennessee has ordered a suspension of in-person court proceedings until March 31, 2020 For more information please review the PDF official order below:26FebEffective April 27, 2020, the Social Security Administration will no longer take into account a Claimant’s ability to effectively communicate in English when making a Social Security Disability determination. The original rules from 1978 were...
If you are facing a legal issue and need help, please contact us.
Proudly Serving East Tennessee