Jennifer McKinnish (Burton)
Jennifer McKinnish began her legal career with a boutique domestic relations firm in Memphis before returning to East Tennessee in 2006. Since returning to East Tennessee, Jennifer has focused on helping her clients through the challenges of divorce and child custody proceedings. Her focus is on complex, high asset divorce cases and child custody cases.
A seasoned litigator, Jennifer expanded her knowledge base to begin service social security clients as well over in the last decade. Her vision for the firm is to serve families across East Tennessee which has led to the firm's expansion to offices throughout East Tennessee with associate attorneys whose expertise in a variety of practice areas permit Jennifer's clients to maintain close ties with her firm as their needs change over the years.
Jennifer and her family reside in the greater Knoxville area where she is an active member at First Baptist Concord. An alumni of the University of Tennessee, Jennifer and her children spend their free time cheering on the Vols, enjoying the mountains of East Tennessee and traveling together to explore different areas of the country when school and courts are on break.
- University of Memphis School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- Juris Doctor
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- Bachelor of Arts
- American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Knoxville Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR), Member
Current Employment Position
- Family Law
- Social Security Disability
- Tennessee, 2005
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Super Lawyer in 2013 2014